What is WIT?
The Women in Tune festival is a celebration of and for Women in Music. Women come not only from Wales, but also from Europe and beyond, to get together and play or listen to music.
The festival is a supportive environment where women and girls can try out their musical wings, and where more experienced musicians can come and share their talent and knowledge with others.
Music of all styles and influences are explored at the festival.
The festival is a showcase and an opportunity to teach and learn. With workshops during the day and concerts later in the evening, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
WIT is Women In Tune
- WIT is an opportunity to be part of the experience that is a women only music festival, the only one of its kind in the UK
- WIT is a celebratory, nurturing, supportive, inclusive, safe space
- WIT believes in the power of each woman and offers a unique opportunity to explore our abilities; to be courageous & reach for the sky
- WIT is life affirming & has a common purpose – to unite women in the pursuit of great music; to honour the creative, experimental spark that exists in all of us
- WIT can teach us how to play a sax, swing an axe & build things; discover new skills, find joy, be wild & sing up the Moon
- WIT recognises many of us have specific needs & makes every attempt to accommodate them ~ please feel free to enquire
- WIT is committed to giving all women & girls their own unique voice WIT is music, story, dance, poetry, workshops, performance & participation; potential, magic, empowerment & sisterhood
- WIT is everywoman